Child Protection Policy
Fabriko Ltd. is committed to keeping children healthy and safe. We may share information with appropriate agencies (such as health and education providers or other agencies involved with a child’s life) if sharing that information will protect or improve the safety, health or well-being of a child. Our agency by law can always share information with CYFS and the Police.
- The welfare and interests of the child or young person are the first and paramount considerations in notification.
- Suspected and actual abuse of a child must be responded to and recorded appropriately.
- Effective child protection requires a full and accurate and prompt sharing of information ( as permitted within the law )
- Child abuse means the harming (whether physically, emotionally or sexually), ill treatment, abuse, neglect or deprivation of any child or young person. (Section 2, CYP&F Act).
- Signs of abuse can be: physical signs, behavioural concerns, developmental delays or changes, the child talking about things that indicate abuse, the family environment.
- It is the duty of all staff of Fabriko to be aware of Child Protection issues and the procedure to follow.
- No decision or actions in respect of suspected or actual child abuse are to be made by any staff member in isolation unless there are immediate concerns for the safety of the child.
- Staff must talk to the General Manager as soon as they have any concerns.